Wednesday 12 July 2017

GREEN PEPPER ONION SCRAMBLED EGGS

green-pepper-onion-scrambled-eggs-nairobi-kitchen-recipe

Today I just had a craving for Eggs. It's still cold in Nairobi and I wanted something that can be whipped fast and will warm me up. For some reason I did not want liquid - tea - to do the job. I just wanted something a bit heavy. There there they were, Green Pepper and Egg. Voila! My meal was complete. Since I didn't want to have a bland Eggs meal, I added a dash of two Spices and Green Chili that gave it that kick that I was looking for. I had thought of making an Omelette but it was only 1 Egg. Still it had been a while since I ate Scrambled Eggs.Mostly I do my scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes but I wanted just Onions. Oh, the things that cravings force us to do! Anyway I had my filling of this delicious Green Pepper Onion Scrambled Egg, that was delicious and satiated all my cravings for the day. Hope you enjoy today's recipe. What is your favorite Scrambled Egg recipe? What do you add to give it that Oomph factor?
Ingredients

green-pepper-onion-scrambled-eggs-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-ingredients

- 1 Egg (You can use more)
-1 Green Bell Pepper
-1 Onion
-1/2 Green Chili
-1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
-1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
-Salt
-2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil

METHOD


-Add your Red Onions into a Non-stick pan

green-pepper-onion-scrambled-eggs-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-add-onions-to-heated-pan

-Sautee the Onions until they become transluscent and begin to lightly brown

green-pepper-onion-scrambled-eggs-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-cook-onion-until-lightly-browned

-Add the Green Chilli, Ground Cumin, Ground Cloves and Salt
-Cook for a few seconds until all the flavors are infused

green-pepper-onion-scrambled-eggs-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-add-spices-into-the-pan

-Add the Green Peppers and stir into the Onion Spice mixture

green-pepper-onion-scrambled-eggs-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-add-in-green-peppers

-Cook for around 3-5 minutes
-The Green Peppers should still maintain their crunch

green-pepper-onion-scrambled-eggs-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-cook-few-minutes-until-green-peppers-soften

-Pour in your Egg and allow to set for a few seconds
-Immediately after start tossing and turning until everything is evenly incorporated
-You can have less Green Peppers if you like. I love me some Green Peppers!

green-pepper-onion-scrambled-eggs-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-add-eggs-into-the-pan

-When the Eggs start to brown, you can remove from the heat
-If you like your Scrambled Eggs on the runny side, you can just add the Eggs then remove from heat after a few seconds

green-pepper-onion-scrambled-eggs-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-remove-from-heat-serve-immediately

-I devoured my Scrambled Eggs without anything else! I tell you, when the craving strikes! Eat it!

print recipe

GREEN PEPPER ONION SCRAMBLED EGGS
Ingredients
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Green Pepper
  • 1 Cup Onion
  • 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
  • 1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
  • 1 Teaspoon Salt
  • 3 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
Instructions
-Add your Chopped Red Onions into a Non-Stick Pan/Skillet-Saute the Onions until they become translucent and begin to lightly brown-Add the Green Chili, Ground Cumin, Ground Cloves and Salt-Cook for a few seconds until all the flavors are infused-Add the Green Peppers and stir into the Onion Spice mixture-Cook for around 3-5 minutes. The Green Peppers should still maintain their crunch-Pour in your Egg and allow to set for a few seconds. Immediately after start tossing and turning until everything is evenly incorporated-When the Eggs start to brown, you can remove from the heat-If you like your Scrambled Eggs on the runny side, you can just add the Eggs then remove from heat after a few seconds-Serve Immediately
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1 Serving

1 comment

  1. This was delicious! I loved the blend of spices!

    ReplyDelete

© Nairobi Kitchen
Maira Gall