Thursday 21 February 2019

SILVER SPRINGS HOTEL - RESTAURANT REVIEW


Happy Thursday peeps! It's been a while since I shared some restaurant food. We actually went to this restaurant last year in November. It was for my mum's graduation party, she was getting her PHD! Talk about pressure now, me and my degree have started sweatin' haha! Anyway, since it was a party of close to twenty guys, we opted for the buffet. The buffet was set up in a conference room with around 8 tables each with 6 chairschairs. I loved the gold and white decor with the lace table cloths and flower center pieces. Silver ware was arranged in a dinner setting that looked totally elegant. The best part of eating out is the food so let's get to it.



It was a self service buffet with all the meal courses. Price for a buffet is 2800/= per person inclusive of 1 bottle of water. I had to taste the soup which was potato leek soup that came with a bun and butter. I loved how smooth and thick the soup was. Bread was wholewheat and too delicious


As with buffets, there are endless possibilities. There was chicken, beef, fish, potatoes, veggies, rice and even spaghetti


I loved that they included Kenyan meals like mukimo (mashed potatoes, maize and pumpkin leaves), and ugali


My favorite was the grilled fish fillet and their potatoes were crispy on the outside yet fluffy and soft in the inside.


There were more than five salad options! From coleslaw, carrot and rauzin salad, tomato onion salad, plain lettuce salad among others. There were several dipping sauces to choose from


No meal is ever complete without fruits. I had pineapple, red and green watermelon.

To add to dessert there was chocolate sauce, whipping cream and jam

I loved the hotel's buffet options that were not only delicious but generous. Definitely giving this place a second visit.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Nairobi Kitchen
Maira Gall