Monday 16 December 2019

CHICKEN FRIED RICE


MERRY CHRISTMAS MY LOVES! How many people have been waiting for Christmas as I have been? I know its not the same as it used to be when we were growing up, but, am still that excited! This year has been an amazing year, I decided to start my YOUTUBE channel and so far I'm loving the response I have been getting from you guys. So far I have 1,550 subscribers and looking foward to what 2020 will bring! Another channel milestone is that I got my first 10,000 views on one of my recipe, the fried pork recipe, people seem to love it that much. As I write, its so far ganered over 13,000 views! Okay, enough about my channel, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE if you have not! For real now, about Christmas🎄🎄 My memories of Christmas will always be, wearing new clothes, going to church, drinking Fanta and mandazi after church, then going home to eat Chapati. We only ate Chapati once a year, that was during Christmas, so you can only imagine how exciting it was! Nowadays, all grown up, I think I will uphold some traditions 😉. So MERRY CHRISTMAS in advance!!
INGREDIENTS


3 Cups Left Over Rice
1 Cup Left Over Cooked Chicken
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
1/2 Green Bell Pepper
1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper
1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Onion
1 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Dark Soy Sauce

METHOD


Add chopped onions to pan


Fry onions until lightly brown


Add chopped cooked left over chicken



Fry 2 minutes to lightly brown


Add black pepper


Add ground cloves


Add salt to taste


Add ginger garlic paste


Fry 2 minutes until ginger garlic paste cooked a little


Add the chopped colored bell peppers


Fry the peppers 1 minute


Add cooked rice




Start mixing all the ingredients


Add chili flakes


Dark soy sauce


Sprinkle the soy sauce generously onto the fried rice


Mix until rice is well combined


Stir fry 3 minutes to warm through the rice


Serve


How delicious is that chicken fried rice?



CHICKEN FRIED RICE

Recipe by Mulunga Alukwe

Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 25 Minutes
Yield: 4 Bowls
Ingredients
  • 3 Cups Left Over Rice
  • 1 Cup Left Over Cooked Chicken
  • 1/2 Red, Yellow and Green Bell Pepper
  • 1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
  • 1 Onion
  • 1 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
  • 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
  • 3 Tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce
Cooking Directions
  1. Add chopped onions to pan. Fry onions until lightly brown
  2. Add chopped cooked left over chicken. Fry 2 minutes to lightly brown. Add black pepper. Add ground cloves. Add salt to taste. Add ginger garlic paste. Fry 2 minutes until ginger garlic paste cooked a little
  3. Add the chopped colored bell peppers. Fry the peppers 1 minute.
  4. Add cooked rice. Start mixing all the ingredients. Add chili flakes. Add Dark soy sauce, sprinkle the soy sauce generously onto the fried rice. Mix until rice is well combined
  5. Stir fry 3 minutes to warm through the rice
  6. Serve. How delicious is that chicken fried rice?

1 comment

  1. this recipe made my mouth water just by reading it am gonna try and cook this for myself as my treat this valentine season since am single and i don't have a date 😁🥺

    ReplyDelete

© Nairobi Kitchen
Maira Gall