Monday 4 February 2019

BUTTERED PAPRIKA CARROTS


Delicious is an understatement when it comes to describing this dish. I am one of those many kids who did not like cooked carrots. Raw carrots I would eat for days without any trouble, I especially loved dipping the raw carrot in salt then munching like a sweet. Cooked carrots on the other hand, was torture eating them. I would try my hardest to eat, but would time when mom was looking away and drop them on the floor, to pick up later when no one was watching. Horrible, I know! But I h.a.t.e.d cooked carrots. I guess it was the way they were cooked so they turned soggy and tasteless and so I could not stand them. Fast forward to gown up me and I realized there are so many ways to cook carrots that made them delicious and not soggy at all! In my cooking adventure I learnt that vegetables need to be cooked for very little time, not only to maintain their crunch but not to loose the awesome nutrients that were in these veggies. Adding spices to carrots also made them that much more delicious as a side dish and even the main dish. Today's recipe was inspired by my need to have something quick, delicious and can be eaten both as a snack and a main meal. Buttered carrots is a lovely way of bringing out the flavour of this vegetable without too much hustle in the kitchen. What are some of the foods that you hated as a child but now enjoy as an adult? Let me know in the comments below, let's share our experiences!
INGREDIENTS


2 Cups Carrots
3 Tablespoons Butter
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Pinch Salt

METHOD


Melt butter in non stick pan


Add salt


Add paprika


Add chopped carrots into the pan


Let the carrots cook for several minutes before turning, cook until cooked through but still crunchy


Serve immediately garnished with cilantro


BUTTERED PAPRIKA CARROTS

Recipe by Mulunga Alukwe

Prep time: 10 Minutes

Cook time: 20 Minutes

Total time: 30 Minutes

Yield: 2 Servings

Ingredients

  • 2 Cups Carrots
  • 3 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1 Teaspoon Paprika
  • 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
  • Pinch Salt

Cooking Directions

  1. Melt butter in non stick pan. Add salt. Add paprika. Add chopped carrots into the pan. Let the carrots cook for several minutes before turning, cook until cooked through but still crunchy
  2. Serve immediately garnished with cilantro

No comments

Post a Comment

© Nairobi Kitchen
Maira Gall